Corona Virus Update – 3/30/2020
Communication from Windsor Parke
The club will remain open with some adjustments that are listed below. This is subject to change. Our main focus is the safety of our staff, their families, and all members and guests. We are trying to eliminate as many ‘touch points’ and interactions as possible. We are following guidelines from the CDC, state and federal agencies.
- We have encouraged our employees to practice social distancing
- Cart Staff service will be limited to directional support for players. For the time being club cleaning and bag assistance will not be provided.
- Our teams have increased focus on wiping down and disinfecting areas that include golf carts, flag sticks, doors, handles, doorknobs, credit card machines, golf counters, tables, and chairs.
- We are mandating that anyone who feels ill not to come to work
Golf is an outdoor game where you can get some fresh air, exercise, and contribute to your personal health. There are not too many activities where you will interact with less people over a 4 to 4.5 hour window. We are doing our best to react appropriately and continue to make the golf course available. The golf course is open for business and our goal is to continue to offer the course as a safe recreational option that contributes to the health and wellness of the communities we exist in.
- Unfortunately our F&B Department is CLOSED for all business. Players may bring food and beverage on course as long as they are NON-Alcoholic beverages
- All club organized events will be cancelled and/or postponed until a later date (Windsor Cup, E-9, Wednesday Seniors, MGA, etc.) We will communicate when the rescheduled dates are solidified.
- We have taken all water coolers off the golf course.
- Rakes have been taken off the golf course.
- Temporary Local Rule: If your ball comes to rest in a bunker, you may lift and place, no closer to the hole, without penalty. Please do your best to smooth the bunker out with your foot.
- Temporary Local Rule: If your ball comes to rest in a divot IN THE FAIRWAY, you may lift clean and place within one club length, no closer to the hole with no penalty.
- Flags are to remain in the holes at all times. (touch point)
- Cups on the course (golf holes) are ¾ filled with cut pool noodles so the players do not need to reach into the hole to retrieve their ball
- We have removed sand bottles and buckets from the carts to eliminate another ‘touch point’
- Minimal touch points in the Pro Shop for players and staff with self-swipe credit card terminals and no outer door to open (left open throughout the day)
We will see you on the links!